My Planted Aquarium is now 5th month old

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2009



Learned many things in this 5 months journey. Cheated by different shopkeepers. It is ok! all in the learning process. May be I have lost few thousand bucks but can help help many fellow hobbyists so that they don't get cheated.

After installing the timer and the solenoid valve for Co2; scenario of my tank drastically changed! All the fuzz algae gone! All the hair algae gone! Now I can deduce that these fuzz and hair algae were due to fluctuating Co2 level and timings. fluctuating light timings may be a cause though. any way I got rid of these nuisance algae.

I didn't have fish except few mollies in my tank. i kept them to clear up the fuzz alagae. they are not required any more. my tank is now algae free!

So, I purchased 6 Herquelin Rasboras, 6 Rummy nose Tetras and 20 Neon Tetras. All of them are nicely schooling. Neon Tetras school when in large group.



By this time my HC (Hemianthus Callitrichoides) have started spreading. HM (Hemianthus Micranthemoides or Pearl weeds)are growing nicely and they are crawling too. Even these could make a very nice fore ground plant!

If you are in search of timer and the Co2 assembly, solenoid valve etc .. you can ask me at drbndhar@gmail.com: I can ship it to you. The price is cheaper than what you expect!

4 comments:

pradipkpal December 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

Fata Fati

Souvik January 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM  

Hello, splendid tank. I would like to know more about the substrate you've used. Is it normal sand or there is more professional something to it?
Thanks in advance.

Patrice February 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Hi, I agree that pressurized is a must! I am also curious about your substrate. is it a commercial brand or your own mixture?

nice blog btw

Sparsha February 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Thanx for the comments. Substrate I used is in the simplest form. It is a thin layer of laterite or, in other words, red soil topped with 2 inches of coarse grain sand. Almost every plant is doing verywell with these.

  © Free Blogger Templates Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP