Day 15 of my planted jungle

>> Sunday, August 9, 2009

Two weeks have passed. So far, so good!

I have crystal clear water, Luxurious green growth of plants, no algae, Fishes are happy and so am I. DiY Co2 woked fine for 2 long weeks and I started a new bottle on day 14; which is also working fine.



I added few Guppies to my tank, as I didn't find any good fish in LFS. Guppies are not good for a tank. Though they are colorful and don't disturb others; but are very unruly! They move haphazardly and don't shoal! They don't beautify your tank.



I removed them today and added a dozen of Hockey sticks. They are also known as Penguin fishes, the scientific name being Thayeria boehlkei. Though I have to remove them later when I will add neon or, cardinal tetras. Read about these fishes in this link



Got a big bunch of HC (Hemianthus Callitrichoides) for my foreground as gift grom Amitava. Hope I can keep them. Really tiny and beatiful leaves they have.

Shameek gifted moss and a midground stem plant...sorrry forgot the name.

Thanks to Amitava..for reminding the name Hemianthus Micranthemoides or, pearl grass. They are planted just below the power filter and soon will be visible and will hide the gadget.

Discussed with the senior members of Kolkata Aquarium club and they suggested to go for pressurized Co2. Looking at the beauty of the tank I also think; it is worth investing, so ordered one today.



This is a close up photo of the plant, whose identity is still unknown to KA members.. Abhirup is searching for this.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP